Saturday, March 5, 2011

Facestalking Is Normal, Right?

I facestalk. A lot. I think. How much is considered a normal amount to facestalk? Like an hour a week? 2? 24? How much is too much?

Today, my Newsfeed told me someone is now single. Though I'm not close to this person, I happen to be close to a certain family member of this person. I'm so totally curious, but I don't feel able to call her up and ask. I mean, that would be rude, right? I don't like being rude, despite popular opinion.

So all day after I saw it on my Newsfeed, I've been periodically checking both part of the (former) couple's FB pages. I mean, it could have been a joke or something, and they aren't really broken up. I've seen it happen a lot, when the girl decides to be FB married to her best friend? Yeah, you know you've seen it. Don't play.

What's the protocol for these situations? Am I just supposed to stop wondering about relationship status, since it has nothing to do with me?

Also, where's the line for other types of scenarios? Say one of my friends just got engaged (I'm super happy for her!) but we've kind of lost touch, is it weird to go through all of the engagement pictures? Or is that normal?

Is it normal to comment on a childhood best friend's new hair color? Or is that weird?

Most importantly, how often is too often to look at a crush's FB page to see if he and his tragic girlfriend have broken up?

I'm not saying I've done any of these things. Well, except for the first one involving someone's relationship status.

Oh, and don't even act like y'all don't Facestalk. Everyone does. It's why FB even exists.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I've done all of the above. So, I def. don't judge. It is why FB exists. If they didn't want you to look....then they wouldn't put it up!

    ReplyDelete